OPEN CALL for our next COLLECTIVE EXHIBITION
We are a photography based visual arts magazine and an independent book publisher and will be collaborating with 2xMuse (an intersection between a Concept Store and experimental place in Vercelli, Italy) for our second collective exhibition. ZONE will curate it and 2xMuse will host it for an entire month between May – June!
Although we are photography based, our call is open worldwide to all types of visual arts (photography, painting, illustration, design etc.) with no restrictions in terms of age, approach… You can send images from a specific project but note that they will still be considered individually.
1. An inanimate object worshipped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.
2. An activity or an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion.
3. A form of sexual desire in which gratification is strongly linked to a particular object or activity or a part of the body other than the sexual organs.
We are more than curious to see your interpretations of the theme and how it will all come together!
Selected works will be a part of ZONE’s second collective exhibition hosted by 2xMuse! The opening will be in May 2024 and the exhibition will stay on for a full month. Best submissions will be published on ZONE’s social media throughout & after the call even if they don’t make it in the exhibition.
There are two ways of submitting your work:
1) The submission fee is 10€ for 20 images. You will be directed to a page where you can upload your work after having payed the fee on the bottom of this page. You can make as many submissions as you wish!
2) If you are interested in one of our books you can also submit your work by directly ordering one of them books, saving 10€. In this case, please send your submission in a zip file by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) attaching a screenshot of your order. BOOKS
1) Name your files as: Name_Lastname_Number.jpg
2) Image resolution: No more than 2MB per image
3) MAX 20 images
We will ask for the high-res versions in case your work gets selected for publications.
ATTENTION: Step 1 and Step 2 are important for archiving the contacts of each author. The specifications are mandatory under penalty of exclusion.
DATES & DEADLINES
Open call deadline: 31 March 2024
Artists list announcement: At some point in April!
Exhibition duration: May – June 2024
Born from the creative minds of Angelica Troncone & Romana Bordin, 2xMuse stands as an unexpected place, an intersection between a Concept Store and experimental place.
The idea is to combine the research and sale of second hand garments with contemporary, sustainable and environmentally friendly brands and the future of the fashion industry.
2xMuse is not just a clothing store but aims to become a social, cultural and artistic container through the myriad of collaborations, workshops and musical events hosted within it.
2xMuse was born as a site for second hand clothing and accessories. From Pop-UP Store marketplace version to Experimental and Electronic Music Festival, to Vercelli where the first physical store is located, a combination of research, trends, self-production of content, customization of garments and accessories, organization of cultural, musical and social events.
The project was born from the desire for exchange, development and dissemination of knowledge within a real creative space open to all fashion, art and music enthusiasts.
Please keep in mind that Zone is a one person team working with lots of love and obsession and although we cannot get back to every single submission we will announce the list of the selected artists on this page and on our social media. So make sure to check once in a while! If there is anything missing in your submission we will contact you.
Details like size and paper depend on the character of the work and its needs. The submission fee contributes to the sustainability of the project, administrative costs, printing expenses & time spent on reviewing the works and organizing the exhibition.